Updated 4th November 2021
iTracker Global Limited (“iTracker“, “we“, “us” or “our“) (a company incorporated in England and Wales, with registered address being International House, 64 Nile Street, London, N1 7SR, and company number is 13287231), whose technology enables the automated tracking of freight, (the “Application” or “App“).
iTracker respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information we receive.
1. Important information and who we are
Similar to many organisations, our Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications provided by the likes of LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share information about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy practices. When you leave our Website, we encourage you to read the policies of those websites you visit.
To use our Services, you must be 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18, you may not download or use the iTracker Services.
2. The information we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and disclose different categories of personal information about you. As set out below, the information collected depends on whether you are accessing the iTracker Services via the App or the Website.
- Information that you create or provide to us, including:
- personal user (account holder) information, such as your full name, email address and phone number.
- Information that you choose to share with us, including:
- device type, such as mobile/cell phone or computer;
- geo/location data, including latitude and longitude, altitude, heading/direction, speed, and timestamp;
- carrier information, such as the name, MC number, DOT number, contact person (including position, full name, phone number and email address);
- shipment information, such as the shipment number generated by us, the truck number, the trailer number, equipment type, weight, and stops (including geo/location data about any stops);
- company information, including the name, industry, website, address and contact person (including position, full name, phone number and email address);
- any communications made to iTracker from your account.
- Communication conducted from your account or device to iTracker, including:
- any requests submitted to us;
- if you contact our support team;
- if you report an issue to iTracker.
- Information we collect as you use the Services. We collect information about your activity whilst using the Services, which we use to provide the Services to you. This activity information may include:
- detailed geo/location and route information, collected so that we can accurately track and record the shipment. This is collected in the form of GPS signals and IP address, together with a timestamp. This information is stored to a route history and saved to your account;
- how often you use the Services, and how long for;
- your device type, unique identifiers, operating system type and version;
- the information that you viewed on the Services;
- the IP address and name of the domain that led you to the Services;
- the geographic location of the device that you are accessing the Services from;
- any interaction from your device to the Services, such as crash reports, system activity, and the time, date and referrer URL of any requests made by you.
3. How long is your personal information stored.
|Type of Data
|What This Includes
|Why We Collect This
|How Long This Data Is Stored For
|Personal/User information, Device, Carrier information, Company information, as well as any information gathered from the use of the Website.We may collect and record how often you use the iTracker Services, and for how long; how you interact with the Services; and where from We also collect information about how your device interacts with the Services, including system activity, crash reports, and the date, time and referrer URL of any request made from your device.We also use this data to identify you as a user of our website or as a user of the App, as well as linking your activity to your account.
|We use this information to deliver the Services, and to ensure our Services are working as intended. We also use this information to improve the Services, or to develop new features or Services, such as by troubleshooting issues that you report to us.
|Stored whilst the user is active, e.g. how long the iTracker App is in use for, or logged into, or how long a user spends on the Website. This information is stored on your account for as long as you hold an account with us, Once an account is deactivated, this data is stored for 90 days and is then deleted
|Personal/User information, Carrier information, Company information, Shipment information, Geo/Location data, Device information.We use detailed location, travel, and route information from your device when you are using the App. This information is saved to your account and will be collected even if you close the App after beginning a journey.
|We use this information to deliver our Services.We use location Geo/Location data and route information to track and log your journey, to ensure that the shipment’s departure and arrival times are accurate and connected to the correct account.We use this information to ensure our Services are working as intended, such as ensuring Geo/Location tracking and arrival notifications are accurate. We also use this information to improve the Services, or to develop new features or Services, such as by troubleshooting issues that you report to us.
4. Why iTracker collects your data:
- to provide the Services, including features which are personal to your experience, specifically when you’re logged in to an iTracker account. For example, this includes location and route information (combined with a timestamp), details about the shipment, and device information. We collect this to ensure that shipments’ departure and arrival times are accurate, to ensure that the information is connected to the correct account holder.
- to ensure that our services are working as we intend, and to troubleshoot any issues reported to us;
- to improve the Services or to develop new features or services;
- to provide support and to handle requests and complaints;
- to measure performance and to understand how our Services are being used;
- to communicate with you, such as via App notifications;
5. Sharing your information
We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to any third parties.
We will not share your personal information with others without your permission, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in our discretion:
- as necessary for the operation of the Services;
- if we are required, or reasonably believe we are required, by law to share or disclose your information;
- in any legal proceeding or dispute in relation to you and any part of the Services or iTracker itself;
6. International transfers
We will not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA“) except to a country offering a similar level of protection for your personal information by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between Europe and the US;
- where the country has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- where we have used specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in Europe.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information outside of the EEA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any security incident involving personal information and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or regulatory requirements, complaints or contemplated/actual litigation.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your personal information: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. Data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
In order to respond to your request, we may need to engage with our publisher clients, for example, for them to consider what information to provide or delete. We respond to requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
11. How to contact us